How Creative Are You?

One of the 21st Century Skills that I stress often in my computer class is creativity. The reason I stress this is employers want creative thinkers, not only to solve problems, but just to bring new ideas to the company. It is easy to copy someone else's idea, but often hard to develop and follow through on one ourselves. After completing two projects in Publisher, I challenged the students to make a project that was entirely self created. It is so easy for them to pull pictures off the internet, but when faced with having to create every element of the document themselves, they often do not know where to begin. Fortunately, after showing examples, sharing ideas with each other and encouraging them to go back and look at the list of what they already knew how to do, we ended up with some very creative, self-made projects! I hope this goes as well when we create digital stories that are entirely self-created.






0 comments:

Post a Comment